Yeah, something really needs to be done about standardising everything. Problem is, we started before HTL was introduced so everything was low polygon, then a few RL issues hit me, which are still unresolved entirely, so things have been a bit of a rocky road.

That doesn't mean we've given up, it just means things had to be put on hold for a while till RL could be sorted out :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Hm, I find motivation is also a factor with these kinds of things. I tend to cram-motivate myself... So when I have free time, I really go at it. Take my most recent D3 project, I wrapped that up in about 2 months cramming most of the work in during that time, while the groundwork itself took about one year - little bit at a time...until a big workload at the end. So, when you get some time CRAM ;) I find listening to motivational music helps too
:badgrin:
The Expanse. Watch it!

Heh, yeah, once I get rolling, I find it hard to stop, it's the 'getting rolling' in the first place that requires most of the effort ;)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Not that difficult to rescale the finished product? Not from my experience anyway, but it'll make the ship a bit smaller perhaps. VA doesn't make these kind of mistakes though. ;)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Not that difficult to rescale the finished product? Not from my experience anyway, but it'll make the ship a bit smaller perhaps. VA doesn't make these kind of mistakes though. ;)

Only reason I say that is because I struggled to transplant the cockpit mesh into my high poly Loki a while back.

The cockpit should turn out fine scale wise. :)

What I do is convert Bobboau's HTL Herc model and the ship I'll be working on to cob, and from there import them into Blender at the same time. This keeps their relative sizes to each other intact.
I then scale my high and low detail cockpit meshes so the pilot is the same size as Bobs:
And from there I work out how I'm going to build the cockpit interior to properly link the separate cockpit mesh with the hull.

It's worked perfectly on everything except the Valkyrie so far, since the cockpit mesh was actually slightly wider than the hull allowed for. Shrinking the cockpit's width while widening the pilot part fixed that, though I wouldn't like to be as cramped as he would be. :)
Twisted Infinities

Very nice!
I wish I could model....

??? Sorry catching up on old posts and saw your earlier quote you posted back in November a few minutes ago...

ghhyrd - "Because I have finally remembered that I can model anything in a matter of seconds with a modeling program that I have been using all of my life so far, which I have finally obtained, but I have no idea about FS2 recognisable formats.
"

So you ARE a modeler...

or are you not? which is it?

Sorry for the OT tangent guys, I just love to out certain types of people on our beloved forums... :evil:

Well he mentioned the .DES file format in that post - and a bit of digging reveals that may come from some sort of PTC-Pro related CAD program.

So my guess is that he's had a play, or maybe even fair experience with a CAD type proggy, but not really free-form 3d modeling in a game related sense. There's a big difference between the processes involved, but it is still 3d modeling. ;)

That said, I don't get it when peeps say they wish they could model but can't. If a then-school-student like me with minimal experience in computers as a whole can learn to do it, anyone can. :p
If one gets a powerful proggy like Blender or 3ds Max, sits down and just learns it, anything is possible.
Twisted Infinities