(Quote from previous page for convenience)

True, they could use an update; but at least these don't just look like recoloured Terran thrusterglows. These look fundamentally different, just like the Shivans are in many aspects fundamentally different from Terrans and Vasudans.
Just my opinion anyway... So I'll look for an MVPs release from approximately five years ago.

Guess that would be 3.6.6... Man, back in those days, there were multiple new versions per year! Of course, the stuff was much more primitive back then... Anyhow, the download gives a 404.
Ancient-Shivan War | Hard-Light forums | FreeSpaceMods.net

There's a HTL Moloch?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Those ones? Eww no! I think Aldo said it best when he described them as though the shivan ships were propelled by lighting their farts. :p

Like seriously, apologies to whoever made them but they just ended up as a multitude of motionless shapeless identical blobs plonked on the rear ends of shivan ships. If the engines abilities in the areas of thrusters are ever improved to like, animations and/or particles then maybe their style can be revisited in a much more realistic way but as is, they just look bad in-game.
Twisted Infinities

Like seriously, apologies to whoever made them but they just ended up as a multitude of motionless shapeless identical blobs plonked on the rear ends of shivan ships. If the engines abilities in the areas of thrusters are ever improved to like, animations and/or particles then maybe their style can be revisited in a much more realistic way but as is, they just look bad in-game.
QFT

Those ones? Eww no! I think Aldo said it best when he described them as though the shivan ships were propelled by lighting their farts. :p

Hmm, okay, maybe they do look much better in a still than they actually do in-game. If I'm the only one who likes them, well, must be me then.
Still though, I like how they look... different...
Ancient-Shivan War | Hard-Light forums | FreeSpaceMods.net

Terran:
Shivan:
The pinkish weirdness was just far too anime looking and silly. The shivans are different to terrans and vasudans but only up to a point. That difference certainly does not allow for pink fairy mist jet streams nor farts-o-fire unless it suits the shivans as a species - which neither effect did. :p

This one is the most canonically shivan thruster effect we have, and honestly bar some amazing super effect that comes along transcending all rules and yet epitimising the very essence of the shivans, the next version will most likely be whenever particle systems or animated thrusters become possible. ;)

Edit: The effect in question for those who may be wondering:
Twisted Infinities