if youre flying that close - use a better texture ;)

And smooth the model.
Dance with me
Under the soft moon shining,
In the wide open fields
Far beyond the toil and trouble
Of my busy mind.

Well, that model was built before the facet smoothing on PCS was fixed by Kazan. and theres a huge network of tunnels in that asteroid, it already uses 2 x 4096 textures.

Still, like all the Tech shots here, they are works in progress, so I'll see what can be done :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

lol, thanx :)
tho it's probably going to get a texture upgrade before OR is out, because it uses far too many atm, which would slow down the game far too much. and it uses textures from Jedi Knight 2, which i'd like to avoid wherever possible.
it should eventually use only one texture map and look better than it currently does :)
Twisted Infinities

Translation:
It's using multiple textures, either ripped or derived from those in Jedi Knight 2.

He's going to redo the textures, reducing it to one texture map which will also look better.
"I like the funny sounds of parrots squawking,"
- Jimmy Buffet

OH! so, basicly, you use just one single texture, one that has all of the parts of the ship on it, then just align it very carefully? ah. thats how ships are in D3. drives me insane... :badgrin:

[edit] ive looked at some of the FS2 MODding tutorial sites online. doesnt look too hard. according to hunter, its a cakewalk compared to D3edit (i think thats what he said... :roll: cant remember rignt...)
and would milkshape work? truespace is much mroe powerful, but milkshape, with more time, can make just as hich-quality models in it.

Hmm. While the concept is cool, and I can't complain about the modelling... the textures seem a bit lacking at the moment. I think it's because of the big (pixelated... meh) cocpit. It makes the scale seem so small. With a small scale model like that, I think it should have a bit more detail on the metl plating. Rivets, buttons lights, perhaps a door to enter the vessel (a la Ursa).

Otherwise nice :thumbsup: :yes:

Keep it up. :)

Hmm. While the concept is cool, and I can't complain about the modelling... the textures seem a bit lacking at the moment. I think it's because of the big (pixelated... meh) cocpit.
Yeah - everyone's said that, so we're dealing with the scale issue (or at least, trying to) by splitting the cockpit in two (well, four I guess). Will post pics soon. As for more detail... hmm... well, it's certainly possible, but since it's not been poffed yet I'll wait to find out exact scale before I start putting stuff like doors and the like in.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Ehh, it's easy enough to fix... I'm sure.

I don't think the problem is the size of the cocpit, but the lack of complexity of it.

But then, if it's only a 9 meter long ship, it'll be too small to notice anyway.