Wie sollen Torpedos funktionieren?

WC3+4-> Einfach draufschießen
Total votes: 4 (67%)
WC P---> Jedes Subsystem ausschalten mit Torps
Total votes: 2 (33%)
Total votes: 6

Ok, well, I was just woundering - If Freespace 2 Sector is able to return (and Im counting on that it will, with the recent refund, though there is some other issues still..) - How do you intend (if you intend) to move back in ? With this forum here, you have a lot of posts - You wont be able to back-step these posts to the old forum... Totally incompatible. So maybe this forum would be kept seperate ? I dont really see any other way, than upgrading the other one - which would lose all posts (a few thousand plus archives).
The Expanse. Watch it!

hmmm, good point. with me not being a web expert (or even a rookie for that matter), could we just copy the posts and post em all in one post at the beginning of each topic? (i kinda doubt this would work very well-look at my post-count. we tend to say alot in internal :D) or should this forum be the internal one's host and F2S does the rest? BW?

one other thing is that we seem to have lost lord-of-biscuts, cerberal, dellacroix and a few others i can't remember. (by lost i mean they never went to hlp of fsw after F2S)
any chance that we could contact them and ask if they're still interested in the project? or did their addys get lost when F2S went down?
thanks,
VA
Twisted Infinities

{offtopic}
@VA: on Black Wolf's request I've changed your status to Link Man: "It's kind of an in joke, but often on the forums and almost everytime we do a TI chat he's posting links everywhere. Just a bit of humour."

:D

Ok, well, I was just woundering - If Freespace 2 Sector is able to return (and Im counting on that it will, with the recent refund, though there is some other issues still..) - How do you intend (if you intend) to move back in ? With this forum here, you have a lot of posts - You wont be able to back-step these posts to the old forum... Totally incompatible. So maybe this forum would be kept seperate ? I dont really see any other way, than upgrading the other one - which would lose all posts (a few thousand plus archives).
It's not a question of If - if you'll have us, we'll be back there. Tolwyn's been good to us, no, great to us. He's done everything we could have wanted and more, but TI began as the F2S community project, and I've never truly thought of it as anything else. Ever since the apparent collapse of the site, I'd only been looking for a temporary host which Tolwyn was kind enough to offer- admittedly I had begun to believe that this would become a permanent arrangement, but Iit was my intentioon then as it is now that should the opportunity arise, TI would return in full to F2S, where it belongs.

Tolwyn, you've been great to us, even down to little quirks and jokes like VAs title. You have my sincerest gratitude, which I'm sure is echoed by the rest of the team, and I will make sure that both you and Hunter are credited in all releases of TI from this point on. We will, with your permission, continue to use the excellent services you have provided to us until such time as we return to F2S. Once again, we thank you.

Now, for a somewhat less prosaic matter of discussion, the actual mechanics of the move may not be so difficult. I do not think we should split our forums, as this would undoubtedly become inconvenient as time went by, and nor do I expect Hunter to be forced to upgrade on our account. Would it be possible to take the entire private forum and turn it into a single HTML document or subdirectory, which could then be accessed for viewing purposes by the team, but not posted on? I'm not sure if this is possible, alternatively, you could simply lock the forum, but refrain from deleting it for, say about a month so that we have time to refer to it and possibly archive it? This may yet be the simplest way...
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

I'll keep the forums online, BUT if it is still possible I'm going to return to Sectorgame, as you
BTW, can you send me several pictures of the ships and another update (only news and status update is really requiered). I'll have a plenty of time on thursday, so that I 'd able to update the site :D

Well, I'm still willing to lend a hand (possibly) on either the Wing Commander or Twisited Infinities projects, though we'll talk about that more once we get F2S operational, and after Ive sorted some real life mess. ;)

I will be placing a payment between now and Friday for SectorGames new server, based in London (a mirror server is also planned). I will keep you updated on this, as soon as it's cleared its on "instant" activation and we'll be ready to get going. If any problems develop (on this end.. who knows.. my life is prone to it) I'll let you know aswell. ;)
The Expanse. Watch it!

{offtopic}
@VA: on Black Wolf's request I've changed your status to Link Man: "It's kind of an in joke, but often on the forums and almost everytime we do a TI chat he's posting links everywhere. Just a bit of humour."

:D
LOL, somehow i knew something like this would happen ever since flipside said that in the meeting :D

anyways, looking at the list, i think pegusas (or the alternate spelling of it) also offered to help?

and yes, thanks Towyln and Hunter for all the help with TI. i don't think it would be possible to get as far as we have without you. so thanks heaps. :)
Twisted Infinities

hey! :angry: i'm not on the list! no fair! ah, oh well. :)

oh yes...
and yes, thanks Towyln and Hunter for all the help with TI. i don't think it would be possible to get as far as we have without you. so thanks heaps.
i, for one, know we couldn't have done it without you guys. not to belittle the abilities of BW, who has been a great leader, but we wouldn't have been able to pull this off without your technical help. so thanks from me too. :)
"We should all make it out of this alive...if we don't die first."
Mike Fuchida

hehehe, it would have been possible to do it just via e-mail, but it would have taken (at a guess) about 6 times longer, would have been sub-standard and no one would play it :0

:D j/k
and when did you sign up on f2s? this may have been only just before it cos i remember caveman and a few othere were fairly new as well :)
Twisted Infinities

Hey Hunter, when F2S comes back, could I post some interviews up there somewhere? You may or may not have noticed the topic at HLP, a lot of people seem to want them, but noone seems to do them. If you have anything else that needs doing around there (non HTML unfortunately :() just ask (subtle way of applying for a staff job right here :D)
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Hey Hunter, when F2S comes back, could I post some interviews up there somewhere? You may or may not have noticed the topic at HLP, a lot of people seem to want them, but noone seems to do them. If you have anything else that needs doing around there (non HTML unfortunately :() just ask (subtle way of applying for a staff job right here :D)
the same :)
Hunter promised to make an interview, but :(

i just want to be sure we're all aware i was j/k. i signed up later in june, just as TI was beginning to form, so that explains my absence from the list.

VA - true, but my stomach churns at the thought. ;) remember what it was like just after f2s went down? we would have managed, i guess, but it would have sucked trying to coordinate everything. ;) :D
"We should all make it out of this alive...if we don't die first."
Mike Fuchida