New "no-bank" SCP build for you guys

I added a "no-bank" ship flag today, and I'm going to try adding gravity points in the next week or two. Check it out and see what you think - all you need to do is tick the check box in the Ship Flags dialog.
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/late ... er5000.rar
This build contains all the latest CVS stuff as of today, including the new pilot code and the IBX caching stuff.

(Be warned - since I did this in the computer lab, I wasn't able to test it. It's straightforward enough, so I'm pretty sure it works, but if it doesn't, let me know and I'll fix it. :D)

Feel free to move this to the internal if you need to. :p
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

VWBB Survivor: 12/01-7/04, 130 posts

You, Sir, are an Uber Goober ;)

Thank you kindly, I can assure you will will give this a good testing and get back any reports via this thread or PM :D

Thank you again :D
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

:o :o :o
Dude.......in one sweep you just eliminated the need for the tons of problems, shakey workarounds and the rest that we've been grappeling with for months.

Wow...... :shock:

Absolutely incredible. You legend! :D
The way we were doing it was by rotating the model 90 degrees and letting it only pitch. It achieved the right effect, but at the cost of normally rotating turrets - a pretty crucial component of tanks. It also ment that we needed 2 table entries for each tank that needed a normally rotating turret.
With this the tanks will be able to do both at once. Brilliant. 8)

Incidentally, do you think it would be possible to allow contrails to be displayed at speeds less than the hardcoded 45m/s limit? I took a look at it and it appears to be a check to see if the speed is below that, and if so, ignore contrails. This would enable tanks and ground vehicles to leave tyre or tread marks over the ground. If not that's fine, and no worries.

Thanks a ton for the no-bank! :D
Twisted Infinities

Uber Goober - I like that :D

You're welcome. :) This is exactly the kind of thing we want to accomplish with the joint meeting between SCP and the various mod groups -- it was a simple thing to do, but I didn't even know you guys needed it until Black Wolf posted a thread on HLP last week.

The contrail speed thing sounds easy enough. I'll check it out tonight.
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

Erm... because we're special? :D

Seriously though Goober, this is awesome :) As VA said, we had a method to eliminate the banking, but twas hacky and nasty - this will solve all those problems. And the contrails stuff is just the icing on the cake - I can think of several other places we'll be able to use that'n as well :)

If this kind of result is something we can expect from the SCP meeting, then I'll definitely be going (or at least trying - I currently only access Sorcery.net though. Stupid uni).
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Thanks. :)
By Fred interface do you mean you can adjust the speed trails appear at on a per mission basis?
"Interface" was probably the wrong word to use there. I was tired. :p Yes, you can adjust the speed threshold on a per-mission basis, through the Mission Specs dialog. It just took a long time to add the thing to FRED because the code was in about eight different places and none of it was commented. :(
If this kind of result is something we can expect from the SCP meeting, then I'll definitely be going (or at least trying - I currently only access Sorcery.net though. Stupid uni).
Yeah, the reason we're having this meeting is because there are tons of features that could be useful to each campaign project, but only the projects which happen to have a SCP coder as a member will get their stuff into the SCP. TVWP probably has more custom SCP features than any other single project because of me. WCS has navpoints because of Kazan. Inferno has bumped limits and such because of Phreak. But other projects are left out of the loop, so to speak. That's what we hope this meeting will fix.

Keep in mind that the rate we add features probably won't change all that much, unless we get new coders. :D But I think it's a better use of our time to add many small features than few large ones. We want to hear about the small features that we can add in an afternoon, like the no-bank flag.

EDIT: Just noticed my custom title... thanks Hunter! :D
Fortunes of War
Deus Ex Machina

It just took a long time to add the thing to FRED because the code was in about eight different places and none of it was commented. :(
Awesome, that will come in very useful indeed - thanks. :D

Hmm, in regards to comparitively quick changes & fixes, again with the trail code, it seems to only display the edge row of pixels of the bitmap it's assigned to rather than the full length tile of the trail.
I think that this is also the case with missile trails though i havn't yet looked into that. Not really important (tank tracks just don't have the ridges they otherwise would, but it's not as obvious in missile trails. The tracks still look like tracks and the trails like trails), but it may be something to look at for improved weapon effects in the future. :)
Should probably have stuck that in Mantis actually...

Anyways, thanks again. :)

*can't wait to learn C++ and join the SCP*
Twisted Infinities

actually, im teaching myself C++ (slowly)... maybe, JUST MAYBE, i can like, be a freelance coder or something... i would love to add turret recoil and maybe lense flares (unless you guys did lense flares...?)

but once again, THANKS X100000000!!!! uber-goober... lol.

BTW, is that pilot code stable? i dont wanna lose my pilots, no matter how many times i back em up... :o

actually, im teaching myself C++ (slowly)... maybe, JUST MAYBE, i can like, be a freelance coder or something... i would love to add turret recoil and maybe lense flares (unless you guys did lense flares...?)
Yeah, they did lens flares - you just need the files for it. Flip did some up and posted them on internal awhile back.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T