Re: Join the Fight

Some laws and many priorities of this society are backwards. Also funny how they focus too much on the small fish instead of the big fish.

The only way it can be rejected if it's rejected by the parliament. But it's more likely they'll just approve it...
People in Poland have already started collecting 500 000 signs of each citizen. If we get 500 000 signatures there will be public voting for rejecting it by parliament.

The only way it can be rejected if it's rejected by the parliament. But it's more likely they'll just approve it...
People in Poland have already started collecting 500 000 signs of each citizen. If we get 500 000 signatures there will be public voting for rejecting it by parliament.
Except that if it passes in the EU parliament, it'd still apply to Poland as well. After all, it's the EU that makes most of the laws in the EU member states ( around 75% British laws are made by the European Parliament; the percentage is even larger in other countries, such as Germany ).

However, here's some good news and some bad news. Good news- it's incompatible with the 'Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union'. And there are opinion documents, specifically requested by various European Parliament groups, on the compatibility between ACTA and that aforementioned charter, where the major flaws of ACTA and so on, are stated. So I'd be surprised if it'd actually pass in the EU ( which would mean that it's also pretty unlikely that it'd pass in the EU member states either ).

Not to mention how the EU recently agreed on new rules on protecting internet users personal data - something that ACTA would, pretty much, violate.

Now for the bad news. The 'Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union' has little to no power in Poland, as well as some differences/changed in the UK and the Czech republic.

---

Sorry for responding to every post in this thread - I think I'll stop doing that now.
Ancient-Shivan War