Re: Join the Fight

It's just another step to a totalitarian future and it will likely affect every host on the Internet at some point (Including HLP and SG).
The Expanse. Watch it!

Well, with all the people against it, it might not pass, as long as we truly live under a democracy. Also, if it did pass, hopefully it wouldn't be as bad as they say and our assumptions are hopefully only a conspiracy theory. But I don't want something like that to pass. Don't want it affecting the sites I go to, like HLP, youtube, facebook, and more. Also, if it did get that bad, we might have a revolt and they may have no choice but to go back on the whole thing. Society can't function if the majority of people turn against it. The pressure may force the leaders to go back on the whole thing since the leaders can only have power if people go along with it.

Also, we don't want the internet disappearing and being brought back to the communication stone age. I use the internet for most of my communication if I can't see the person in person. Actually, I think about it more and I seriously doubt it can pass. Think about all those big companies and corporations, like Microsoft who couldn't function without it. The more I think about it, the less likely I think it will get that bad. Too many companies and individuals use the internet for so much, including the banks themselves. These companies are built around it these days. It can't go away.

Free information probably wouldn't go away either since too many people would be against it, not to mention it wouldn't be in society's best interest. When I thought about it, I realized that without free public information and education that is paid for by taxes or otherwise, many people couldn't go to school as children since the families may not be able to afford education, and as a result, the economy and society would get weaker, less innovation, less doctors and scientists, and far less people who would even qualify for normal jobs that only require a high school diploma. Definitely not a good idea to privatize all information. Also, you couldn't self educate online if that happened (self education is something I like).

Time to move to mars, who's with me?
My ticket is already booked to the Moon, sorry.
Bah, it's only a matter of time till the US government claims the moon as theirs.

You've gotta be kidding me. How is this even constitutional? How are other countries allowing our laws to be carried out on companies in their borders? In that case, let's shut down public transit because people who have committed crimes ride those. Shut down banks because they have stolen money in them. Shut down gas stations for enabling crimes by fueling the transportation of criminals. Clearly the white house put SOPA on the back burner because they realized they don't need it. This is exactly what SOPA was designed to do, and it hasn't even been passed yet! I have never been so completely appalled at the country I live in in my entire life.

(Can I get my hands on some of that ceased equipment? :P)

If it gets too bad, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a huge angry protest or mob against the authorities and leaders. Maybe sheer numbers in this case would be the only way to revert any bill that gets as out of hand as many people are predicting this will get.

Does this mean that Germany, Slovakia, Estonia, Turkey, the Netherlands, and New Zealand can arrest little ol' me, out here in the U.S.-of-A.? :/
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

It means that they can arrest you, for USA, if you visit those countries.

Also, protests never work. Merely being with a band of morons, shouting really loud while waving posters like crazy, won't change ANYTHING. They'll just wait it out.
Ancient-Shivan War