What... the f###.... (EU Copyright proposal)

I've been pro-EU for a long time, but this is making me reconsider my position.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20180 ... rnet.shtml
the EU's new copyright reform proposal is set to be voted on next month and it will truly be disastrous to the internet. As it currently stands, it will require widespread censorship in the form of mandatory filtering and also link taxes that have already been shown to be harmful to news.
Make platforms directly liable for all copyright infringements by their users, and then offer that they can avoid that unreasonable liability if they can show they’ve done everything in their power to prevent copyrighted content from appearing online – namely, by deploying upload filters
And in his version, web services can’t even avoid liability by implementing upload filters. To protect themselves from being sued, they would need to get licenses from all rightsholders that exist on the planet before allowing user uploads to go online, just in case the upload may contain (parts of) any of their works.
This law is so ludicrous, it basically outlaws fair use and enforces mass monitoring of all uploads.

Just to highlight how stupid this is, if you created a meme using a Captain Picard face, you're in breach of this law - or if you make a remix of a music track, you're breaking the law. You need a license to take a s###, basically. To put it simply, the only people that will be able to use any content under fair are mainstream ones - if you're just a blogger or a youtuber, good luck getting that license.

https://saveyourinternet.eu/
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: What... the f###.... (EU Copyright proposal)

Been on forums since the 90s I ain't stopping for no one! I don't go out of my way to f*ck up copyright but I ain't lawyer-upping my internet presence either. Copyrights a farce anyhow, any original idea has copied some other idea somewhere else and thus isn't original anyway :?
First, take a big step back... and literally, F*CK YOUR OWN FACE! I don't know what kind of euro-union bullshit power play you're trying to pull here, but Europe Jack is my territory. So whatever you're thinking, you'd better think again! Otherwise I'm gonna have to head down there and I will rain down an un-Godly f*cking firestorm upon you! You're gonna have to call the f*cking United Nations and get a f*cking binding resolution to keep me from f*cking destroying you. I'm talking scorched earth, motherfucker! I will massacre you! I WILL F*CK YOU UP!
Les Grossman ~ Tropic Thunder *Edited to reflect the EU
Yay, motherfucker wasn't censored :D

Re: What... the f###.... (EU Copyright proposal)

Australia has a slightly similar issue at the moment that has to do with data surveillance laws. I feel as though the internet will go deeper and deeper underground :(
The tools cover everything from a 10 year jail term for refusing to unlock your phone, to legally binding orders forcing service providers to install malware on your device or create whole new compromised services for people to use unwittingly
source: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -stop-this
What the f*ck happen to privacy and free speech... [-X