Basewars Release

Presenting Basewars, a project for Descent 3...
Check out the Basewars Trailer 27mb

Hyperspace: Standoff was built around an idea of a simple CTF level in space. It then took the form of Assault, as did the hit followup Hyperspace Divided. Once the final level Apotheosis came along, I decided to fine tune things a little more - Which resulted in a more balanced level for both Assault and CTF. After Apotheosis, I never thought I'd do another level - Hyperspace was intended to be a three-level set only, and no more. But then in late 2004 after just finishing Apotheosis - I had this idea to create something beyond any of the previous levels. It took many months of convincing myself that it was possible, and many months more after that before I started working on it. If you've never played the Hyperspace series, then you're going to love this level all the more.

Basewars is something of a spinoff, while it uses many of the ideas, content and weapons from the first three levels - it presents it in a whole new way. I had a lot of fun thinking up the ideas for this level, and transporting ideas from other games into it. Basewars is inspired by other games - Namely EVE, Freespace and Freelancer. Even down to the rough designs of some ships. But despite having some visual similarity, it's an entirely different game. Even the Atmosphere is unlike anything seen before in Descent 3. If it's a good or bad thing, I'm no sure yet. I made this purely for the fans of Hyperspace, and because Descent 3 could use something like this every so often. I'd like to say, that it's been a fun ride, but after Basewars, I'll be leaving the Descent modding scene. I do have one more project in the pipeline, which is essentially a single player version of Basewars - Assuming all goes well, it could be released in the New Year. Check the website often for updates, and do come join us! Sectorgame is not just a gaming website, it's a community - albeit small - of friends from all walks of life.

You can download the level on this page right here. Be sure to read up on the website to learn how to play!
Last edited by Hunter on Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

In news, this has been downloaded 300 times on this server, 376 times on torrents. And the trailer has been downloaded now a combined 918 times!
The Expanse. Watch it!

You need to fix compatiblity issues
I can't join a cingle basewars game now, after I left the game to switch to BP, I could never join again. Same thing that happens to the installs i used the dual patch patch on, but i'm not using the dual jewel patch on this one.