BETA: Last call!

Final call!

This coming weekend is the last test I'm going to do. I wasn't going to do one, however I feel there needs to be a test with a larger group to get a good idea of things. We'll be using the current 1.3.2 update. If you can attend this coming Saturday, 18th November, please post here what times you are available. Be sure to indicate time zone. I will be available around 10pm GMT until 2am (5-9pm Eastern).

Since it looks like none of the programmers can be bothered to work, it looks like I'll be releasing this without the associated mod. However, since the scripting has come a long way, it's not really needed anymore. Some issues still remain, such as objects that appear to have broken faces - These will just have to remain as there is no way to fix them due to the "lighting size" of this level.

So if you want to test, let me know. If you can bring a friend, do that too. 8) With luck the project will be wrapped and released a few days after. I've already started building the required models for the single player version, which will be slated for X-Mas/New Year.

Current Version:

http://sectorgame.com/upload/Basewars/B ... eta132.exe

basewars/betatest
Last edited by Hunter on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I might be able to drag a few RIPs into this, lemme ask on the forums and 'll get back to you possibly late tonight (my time)
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Uh, probably, 4:00pm Mountain time on to 'bout six, seeing if I remember this time... :roll:
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

I was going to send my friend a copy of D3, and My basewars D3 file is the emptiest, so he'll have it, whether or not he uses it... Could he join with 1.5? Because otherwise he must have the disk. Does the duel jewel require the disk?

I'm open ALL day long. That sucks for stryker... I'll try to get my sister in, even though she sucks at the game...

I suppose since it's nearly done, I won't mind. However, bringing on "new" players who never took part in a BETA before throws some complications into the game. For one, each individual has a different setup, with a different graphic card and computer. Some players are *bound* to experience problems playing the level, then I'll need to start investigating what causes it, if it's computer related or something that can be adjusted, thus delaying even further. As an additional problem, each new player would need to be fully briefed by someone about how to play PVP in Basewars.

Also, I don't want too many people. I don't have the server for it, I could probably max out at 8 players. And even then, a faster server would not do much better due to the CPU stress on the server and the D3 engine in general.

So let's try to get maybe four people who haven't taken part before.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I got one. MD3163 is a D3 friend of mine, I was gonna give her the link.
MD3163 is a girl???? Whoa...
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

This isn't exactly true, and there are a few new games coming out soon that will feature such 6DOF action.

There is a 1.4 no-cd patch out that I think will let you participate online with normal D3'ers. You can grab it here.

BTW, I think I'll be able to make this BETA. :wink: