Release: BETA 1.3

Think I'll make a new thread. Old one was overloading. The final version of the BETA is... well, sort of done. We're still lacking a mod (sigh) so we'll just play in regular Team Anarchy. It works fine anyway, since it's entirely reliant on Dallas. 1.3 will be released tonight (Friday) - I might play a little bit tonight - But it looks like we'll be doing a game on Saturday (tomorrow).

Game times will at 9pm GMT and may last an hour or two, or even start up again later. Changes in version 1.3:

* Fixed the base access rights - Now *should* work for team only
* Added three optional NPC missions available at the EA Outpost.
* Completing the missions gives you rewards!
* Organised fighter wings for the Gemini Carrier (final stage spawn).
* Fixed corrupted faces on some objects, but not all.
* The asteroid lab now locks and unlocks correctly.
* The asteroid lab boss doesn't instantly respawn now.
* Increased the range of ALL player railguns.
* Increase the velocity of the C4L Howitzer by 100%.
* Increase the speed of the standard rocket by 50%.
* Increase the overall brightness of the level by about 50%.
* Increase the collision sphere of some primary weapons so they hit easier.
* Fixed some problems with base entrances looping.
* Increased Hornet & Tornado ammo to 4.
* Increased Paradise ammo to 2.
* Explosive stuff can now be heard over greater distances.
* Removed the ambient sound for the Maltu "Hawk" Interceptor.
* Changed some NPC attributes.

Changes in 1.3.1 update:

* Changed the base access rights again. Now they really do work. FINALLY!
* Activated the "Jamming Array" platform outside player stations. Now approaching is deadly.
* Tweaked the Stargate effect

Changes in 1.3.2 update:

* Fixed the "double turret" problem in the mission system. Ships now have just one set of turrets.
* Fixed the problem of Alliance Fighters not spawning on dedicated servers.
* Fixed some HUD typos.
* Changed the way mission keys spawn. Now they will spawn a minute AFTER completing a mission.
* Mission keys can no longer be accidently dropped.
* Fixed the Shield Monitor in the base. It will now display the correct status of shield generators.
* Fixed some collision spheres (base entrances).

The file will be posted in this thread instead of by e-mail.
Last edited by Hunter on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Good news, I'm getting a gamepad controller in a few minutes, so now I have a choice, and my friend won't have to use the mouse! YIPEE!!

To download:

See Page 3

I will host a short game now - But let's aim for tomorrow like suggested.
Last edited by Hunter on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

oh man
I wanted to show my friend
guess I'll settle for a LAN test with him...

same for me
and it crashes after the level-loading screen if I use the OpenGL-Renderer on Windows Vista x64 RC1 (with the lates nvidia driver)

Try now.

Dunno about crashes. Did you test the level before? If its your first time, please report the info.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I changed from the phoenix to the pyro and I now can join the level, also with OpenGL. I probably crashed on the levels don't match screen, but as I use an RC/Beta-System ...

Well, try to recreate the crashes later... And then report it to the http://sectorgame.com/d3/bugs_report.php

The upload is bugged, please delete it! I'll need to reupload the level again in a some minutes. The D3L was the wrong one, somehow. Also, the team tags still don't work properly - so removed them again, for now.
Last edited by Hunter on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Ok - the file is reuploaded. You can reinstall now. I will play a bit today - but mostly tomorrow evening.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Wow! Some impresive stuff there, Hunter... but I did have a few problems with this level: Shell leakage, D3 seems confused as to whether or not the 'outer space' areas are inside the mine or not.

There were many other rooms with shell errors. It is important to have a tight shell. Aside from the obvious visual impact, D3 uses the shell as a limit to the mine... picture it as a ray shot out from various objects...player, bot, etc... if that ray is not stopped by the shell, then the ray will continue into the void outside the level. It will force itself through even the tiniest gap, beaming out to the limits of the universe... well, the limits imposed by D3, anyway. The bigger the gap, the more rays, and they all need many calculations.
PREPARE FOR DESCENT | PLANET DESCENT

There are no shell errors or breaks at all - so this tool is bugged. The level has been played on 15 systems now with no problems this serious. It's your computer/setup, sorry... Also, I removed these pics and saved them. Please post a bug report on the bug page with FULL system information. This could be an indication that some graphic cards don't support it. Try changing D3D/OGL also.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Tonight is bad time for me, so I won't be able to attend. Sorry. :(

I'll be able to test it waayyy later tonight by myself, though.

Sure. Theres not much new stuff to test, only the custom missions really.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Hmm... seems somehow the video setting for D3 was changed.... I set it back right and the circle with the 'hall of mirrors' effect is gone.

Anyway, I just got in, guess I missed the game, I don't see it on the tracker... or is it private?
PREPARE FOR DESCENT | PLANET DESCENT