I"m sure those on PD will be wanting to hear such an announcement.
3D sounds? WTF? Like surround sounds or..?
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

3D sounds means that the game (or rather, directX) adds dopplar effects and yes, surround sound (with the home speakers, its simply a matter of manipulating the volumns between the 2 speakers and some fancy stereo work).

D3 sounds horrible with it on.
Erik McClure

My D3 hates my soundcard - If I switch to low quality sounds, every single .WAV file has a pop at the tail end. Meaning, considering the amount of sounds playing at any one time in combat - Then imagine hundreds of "pops" playing on your speaker. Luckily, switching to high quality gets rid of 90% of them...
The Expanse. Watch it!

I'll open up the "Basewars" section when ready. It'll be just for coordinating the testing , times to play, bug reports, general feedback and some bonus information for testers only.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Alright. It's now open for reading. BETA testing doesn't begin for a while yet, and I'll probably post some more content in the forum over the coming few weeks. So stay tuned!
The Expanse. Watch it!

Heh, I'd better post my system for record...
500 MHz AMD-K6-2/523 (that's what it tells me...)
512 MB DDR
Voodoo3 2000 16 MB mem, I think...
Hmm... my main HDD is = 1 GB... don't worry, there's a second drive and that has plenty of free space.
FOr sound I have a Sound Blaster 16. I don't know anything particular but I can run TS and D3 at the same time and have it work fine. 8)
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Still can't seem to access the Basewars area, despite the fact that I got an e-mail saying I'd been added to the group. Are the forum permissions messed up, Hunter?
D3 3D Developer

Shhhh... you might disturb the Hunter.... He's sleeping...
-Steven Wright

It's coming along. Just battling the hard crashing bugs right now. Will have an alpha version for my own enjoyment soon. I'm also waiting on a guy who is doing a spot of programming, then I guess the BETA will be ready in a week or two... with luck, but don't hold me to that. If he doesn't manage it in time though, I might have to branch out to someone else...
The Expanse. Watch it!

For scripting? I'd be willing to take a shot at it. If the other guy fails that is...
-Steven Wright