Basewars Testing

Basewars, a spin-off project to the Hyperspace level series is slated to be ready for testing in about a months time (with some luck). The first level will be a multiplayer only one, and will be something of a BIG level, meaning you'll need a good internet connection and a relatively good machine. Since I'll need to collect stats, if you want to be a BETA tester for Basewars, post here - and include your connection and system information (plus location). I'll open up a private section for Basewars testers, where you'll be able to ask questions about the project, and help with bug crunching and other stuff. All you need to do is post here! SG has a poor track record for Descenters vs Freespacers ratio, so if you can do anything to get more Descenters to post here... don't keep it a secret, pass it on! ;)

This thread will remain upon until testing actually begins, which should be in a months time - subject to change, ofcourse. Meaning it could be anytime. BEFORE SUMMER ENDS :wink:

Here is the details you need to post for testing:

CPU
Memory
Graphic Card
Internet Connection
Direct3D or OpenGL
Last edited by Hunter on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Heh...I'm out. My 500MHz will prolly be too slow...
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I want to beta test! But you'll have to wait for all those system stats you want until I can ask Dad... (technically, it's his computer and I don't keep up on these sort of things...)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME * 1037

System information:
2000 Megahertz (Pentium 4)
768 MB of RAM <-- What the hell? i thought i had 512... oh well! :D
ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 PRO
40 GB harddrive (about 10 free gigs)

Cable connection to the internet, average of 350 k/s, but if the server is fast enough i can handle over 1.3 m/s. Upload speed of about 42 k/s
Erik McClure

I'm up for it.

System specs:

AMD 3400+ 64-bit
1 gig RAM
nVidia 6600 GT OC PCI-E
140 gig and 60 gig drives

Connection: Highe-speed DSL; approximated speed: 400 kilobytes/second downstream, 75 kilobytes/sec upstream. Has been known to spike to a solid 1500 kilobytes/second downstream on occasion.
D3 3D Developer

WTF? Magically? I've planned out a computer, all I need is the $$.. Which is why I'm getting a job, if I can.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Well, $$$ makes magic. Besides, you needn't make much to get a half decent computer from an online retailer that sells via eBay.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I'll test if I get around to it.

Athlon XP 1800+ (1.53ghz)
512mb DDR RAM
nVidia GF 4200 TI 128mb
60GB Western Digital 5400rpm drive.

Connection: 1024-down, 256-up DSL.
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

I've forgotten since I had to format and haven't reinstalled D3 yet :P It tends to misbehave so I'm not sure.
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

Same here, even though I have an awesome soundcard quite capable of 3D sound.

This is still early days yet, I'll be making announcements on other forums in the next month or so (just before or after the beta testing stage) which should get some more interest (and actually make people aware of the project in the first place).
The Expanse. Watch it!