1.3 ghz AMD processor (used to be more than 3 (really don't remember how much) until it partially fried itself; it actually delivers more speed than it clocks in at, I suspect, considering I've never had a problem with it in Descent)
ATI Radeon x800 Pro 256mb
512 mb RAM

My connection is via a fairly slow satellite; usually I get a download speed of ~50kb/sec, on a bad day 14kb/sec, and on a good day 120kb/sec. Upload speed is roughly 14kb/sec.

Well, I'm in Hunter, system stats:
Athlon XP 2400+
512 GB RAM PC 2100
13 GB Maxtor drive
Geforce FX 5600
and a 256k/sec connection
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I got a new mobo, RAM, HDD, and CPU + FAN, etc for $110, so if you want I oculd to a bit of recording too with fraps. Needless to say my FPS jump up alot, and my effency jumped up too, though only a little bit.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I have two comps PC and laptop:

Code: Select all

PC: 1.4 Ghz Athlon t-bird 512 MB RAM DDR 128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro Win XP Pro Cable Internet - 6000Kbps (Ideal) but it dls at around 400KBps. Runs D3 great 1280 x 1024 32-bit easy. 800x600 with 3d-googles Laptop: 2.0 Ghz Centrino duo T2500 1GB RAM 997MHz 256 x1400 Radeon mobile Win XP Tablet Edition WiFi - max I connected at was 54Mbps 1Gbit wired network ethernet card WILL RUN D3 even better, I hope.
Check out this forum it's messed but D4 is what I want to make eventualy and I just made an intro movie script for it. It's too awsome bring tears to my eyes why I read over and over again it soo sad and hallarious. OK swing me the mod, I am off to parallel port coding.

Well, if you want to make D4, theres a campaign/mod for D3 that is currently being developed (i'm makin the music for it 8) ), that will be the storyline for D4 (which has already been written, we're just making the levels). The storyline links Descent 3 with Freespace.

There is also a Descent-like game called Core Decision being made as well. Its not D4, but its descent gameplay.

Of course, theres also the thing that i PMed you about... :badgrin:
Erik McClure