HS Gossip

Yeah, you probably thought I'd quit - Well, I have. But there was a final Hyperspace level (and last Descent related project for that matter) in the works that was canned pretty early on due to real life problems and the fact that the Hyperspace playerbase is about 70% smaller than what it used to be. But, assuming I survive the next few weeks (lots of assignments), I MAY give everyone a treat by resuming that project. The general idea was to produce a Hyperspace based level, but with a twist - There would be multiple systems you could visit! It was a pipedream to have a level that you could spend hours just exploring by yourself. It may or may not happen. My next news post will have that answer. (a few weeks yet)
Last edited by Hunter on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Excellent. Good luck.
Ninety-nine percent of women kiss with their eyes closed; which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist.

If you could pull it off, I think it would qualify as the single greatest accomplishment in D3 level design. :D
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

damn you! you stole my idea for a hyperspace 4! ROFL! KIDDING! I *did* have an idea for a hyperspace 4 that i was going to make, but i thought you were done with it. It involved using super-high speed wind rooms to actuallymake you go into hyperspace. there would be fuel up stations, sniper asteroids, i made a bunch of schematics, for em too. The whole point was that i didn't like going through that portal in hyperspace 1...... lol, so i decided to ACTUALLY put you into hyperspace! Needless to say though, it'd make the level f***ing huge, but it'd be damned AWESOME. *sigh* and i even made a loading screen for it too :(. What're you gonna call it? that "Basewars" thingy? i was going to call mine "Hyperspace 4 : Awakening". If you need suggestions i'm overflowing with ideas for that kind of a hyperspace. i could probably make some Mod*ls for ya too. Don't worry, i wouldn't DARE steal your ideas without knowing you were done with em. The reason? I LOVE HYPERSPACE! Everyone chant with me! WE LOVE HYPERSPACE! WE LOVE HYPERSPACE! WE LOVE HYPERSPACE! WE LOve hypersp.............
Erik McClure

Oh, well I developed a scripted jump sequence for Basewars because I wanted to keep the look and feel of Divided and Apotheosis, rather than going back to the blackness of Standoff.

My email is [email protected] if you wanna show me some ideas, but a large chunk of stuff was already made last year, plus I won't be working on anything for a while yet, if at all.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I'm gonna start looking into this now. I have to gauge interest first - Not gonna bother unless there is enough interest. Guess I should post at PD. :P
The Expanse. Watch it!

I'm most definitely interested. I don't play much D3 anymore, and it takes something special to bring me out of the woodwork. Your levels definitely qualify.
D3 3D Developer

Dear god its been a while

My god, been a while hasn't it? *looks at old posts* Jesus christ! i sound like a 4 year old! x.x

I got addicted to D3 yet again. Unfortunatly, i am now the mod team leader for a Freelancer project (Freelancer: Combat Evolved) so i don't know how long my addiction will last. We're at a critical stage at the mod too... Figures i get sidetracked now <.<

Needless to say, i am absolutly thrilled that you are going through with this. And now i've had my fair share of hacking into freelancers files :roll: plus my m0delling skills are getting better... In any case, i looked at the assault source code again. Have you made any improvements on it? I started editing it, adding 2 new objects, Offense objects and Reactor objects. I also hope to make it 4 team compatible (just for the heck of it :razz: ). Of course, i have no idea what i'm doing, so it'd probably just turn out to be a buggy piece of crap x.x I have other programming projects to attend to anyway.

So how is everything going? D3 community is still alive, although its struggling. I'd love to help out on your level, possibly by assisting you with some concepts or rooms... possibly.

*sigh*... so much to do, but its too hot out to do anything right now :( Played a few D3 games. Naturally i got pwned *sniff*. Wonder if i could make a freelancer mod for descent 3. That'd be interesting....nah. hmmm, i just realised i'm talking to myself... isn't that a sign of dementia? :badgrin:

Off to coding the sol system! (and trying to get jupiter to actually show up... *grumble* )
Erik McClure

Hey, you mod freelancer? I'm a freelancer player myself; cool game. Never modded it though. I'll have to check out your mod.

At any rate, how's this going? Haven't heard from hunter in a while. :)
D3 3D Developer