ph34r my mighty Drone Fleet of 4 med drones!!!!
My first Armageddon has died.

2005.11.25 06:22:57 combat Your Tachyon Beam Laser I perfectly strikes Ruined Stargate, wrecking for
733.8 damage.

Hippo do you remember the Apotheosis beta with the ambient music? I said I'll be holding it for another project, well this is the one. I've got some great atmospheric music lined up (quite EVE like, but darker) if I'm gonna use that is. Action music won't work, because the environment won't be objective based as such, but maybe I could add little cues like in "Score" for when certain base structures are down...
The Expanse. Watch it!

Hyperspace, yet again

The best music of all time? The music in your original Hyperspace: Standoff. I have never seen better music in any game, modded or not. The reason? Hyperspace's music fit the levels atmosphere PERFECTLY. If i ever make Hyperspace 4: Awakening (which i won't, and you probably wouldn't let me anyway :razz:), thats the music i'm putting in it. Hyperspace: Divided's music was almost non-existent, and Hyperspace: Apotheosis had really good music, but it just didn't *click* like Standoff did. I mean, i listen to that music, and BOOM! I remember flying out the hanger, turning around, and almost going into shock at what i saw. The music helped a lot too :wink:

Interesting that the best music i've ever heard isn't even event-driven.
Erik McClure

Some more for those that don't read PD :)

From left down: Gemini Barrager (Two Views), Small Sentry, Gemini Bomber, Pirate Bomber, Large Sentry, Pirate Storage Silo
The Expanse. Watch it!

Awesome! HS levels rock! Only...in this iteration, how about making the little glowpoints smaller? Sometimes I'll load up hyperspace, take a look at a ship, and see 30% glowing lights. It's like a christmas tree with a 2-foot diameter ornament.

hehe I know what you mean. Haven't gotten to that part yet, but these were going to have flashing lights instead with only engine glows being the bigger ones.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I didn't forget about this.

It's will come! Here's a rundown of whats included:

* Six star systems with interactive content.
* 150+ New Textures.
* 35+ New objects.
* Three playerships.
* 80+ New sounds and ambiences.
* Five music tracks.
* Updated and remastered weapons including many new ones.

The weapons are going to be simpler in this project - Not so many fancy ones. There will be 10 weapons obtainable in each base, and 10 more which you can find scattered throughout the place. Some are modified versions of the standardized ones. The AI will have their own selection of weapons because of the different ship sizes - So the big guys will have only big weapons, etc.

Expect a ingame preview to come along soon.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Ok, so I've made some real progress in the past few weeks. It's still going slow - But it's a good thing, because inbetween the workload of real-life, I'm getting good amounts of time to really pick apart the bugs *before* they occur. Anyway, I can't say exactly when this project will be ready - Early March is the plan now! And that is looking more and more likely now that the SDK touches are coming together. I'll be releasing a big preview & briefing in about two weeks time.

For now, here's a little video of a deadlock between two large ships - Keep in mind this isn't footage from the level (which is why it's pitch black), and is just me making sure things work + other testing purposes. The good thing about testing is it's fun to do:

Right Click - Save As
The Expanse. Watch it!