Hyperspace 3 Level WIP

- This is a copy of the post made at PD with some of the followups. -

Hyperspace 3: CTF and Hyperspace: Apotheosis are in development now! Slowly. They have been for sometime, but only in recent weeks have I started picking it up again after leaving it on my hard drive, collecting dust for almost six months. The level has no set date for release or BETA, because these things have a tendency to take time. Hyperspace 3 will have two releases, the first will be a CTF version, basically a compact version. Apotheosis will be the full Assault version (nearing about 10mb), with Bots, Scripting, SFX and Music. The gameplay here will be a bit slower, and more balanced than Hyperspace: Divided. But that doesn't mean it's going to easy. Oh no. It's going to be mean.

But, because there will be so many new features (such as Models, Scripting) it's going to take a while to get them all balanced out. Anyway, this is the thread where I will post updates as I make them. Here are some teaser images.

http://sectorgame.com/upload/hs3teaser4.jpg
http://sectorgame.com/upload/hs3teaser3.jpg
http://sectorgame.com/upload/hs3teaser2.jpg

Typo - It's Player Deployable Drones, and no you can't control them. Well, I suppose you can nudge them in the right direction. There will be three kinds of drones, each come in packs of 3 except for the Omen:

* Wasp Drone - Light Combat - Weak Armor, with a limited blaster laser. The fastest of the drones.

* EW Drone - This drone uses electronics rather than weapons, and attempts to drain the energy of the target, aswell as blind it. Very weak, but quite maneuverable.

* Omen Drone - Heavy Combat - Slightly tougher than the other drones, with a pulsing Vauss cannon. It takes a few more hits to kill, but is slower and less agile.

Btw everyone, the robots fighting each other is possible in Single Player. I thought about making a SP version of Assualt, where basically your always on the same team, but I make it more interesting by adding some scenarios. The problem with Assault is there is no *realtime* way for the robots to identify teams, it can be done with scripting, but to put it lightly - It's a real @$%$@ to get working. BUT, I am going to try and work on some features that'll enable some appearance of combat, but most of it will be for show. If you want the robots to fight each other, pitch for it, and I'll make a single player version after wrapping the Assault pack. If it could work right in Assault, I would do it. But it doesn't. And even still, what good does it do to have a level that finishes itself? That's the problem though, because there is never anyone to actually play Assault with (let's say a 2v2) to make it more interesting. The reason you want the robots to fight is to make it seem more realistic, and exciting - I agree! But as far as level goals are concerned, it's unproductive and ends up "making it too easy". IMO a single player version, based in the same environment, with the same robots, except with a scenario based goal instead of "Destroy Base+Defenses" could work.

I'll say again folks, making the robots fight each other is possible, but the problem is there is no "team tag", and sometimes you might end up with the same team shooting at each other.[/url]
The Expanse. Watch it!