We've gone from 4% to 50%

When I started Freespace 2 Sector, only 4 percent of the worlds population had the Internet

When Sectorgame came online in 2001, only 5.8 percent of the population used the Internet.

Today that number is 50%.
Untitled-1.jpg
It's amazing to think that when I personally started using the internet back in 1996, I was among a mere 0.4 percent of the worlds population to be doing so. Geez, what on earth did I do with all that time?
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: We've gone from 4% to 50%

I was quietly rebellious, though. Never outwardly. But school clubs, music lessons? Hmm, never did any of those... Though I do regret not doing drama lessons. I really enjoyed that subject and it's the only one I was interested in and pretty good at. I feel it's the one thing in life I never got to pursue. I would love to do it again someday..
The Expanse. Watch it!

Compuserve had like a file-sharing feature as I recall - possibly inside the various groups. I used to make some Descent remixes and short clips for fun, which I posted ... somewhere on there. I really can't remember much more. I was like, 12 or 13 at the time. My first foray into audio editing, I guess.
The Expanse. Watch it!

@ aldo - Yes, I had easy access to pianos during those years after I left home, but not after I left college. I am looking for a piano just now, hopefully I will find one some time in the near future.

@ Hunty - Lucky you only get gray hair! Some of my hair get multiple colors shades.
Cheekybum & Junior