O.o Cool.... tell me when you're planning on BETAing it and I'll be with ya, but since it sounds like a one man project, I'll let you do your thing. And I'll do my thing, which is sitting on my butt maybe about to release a BETA of my MP level, and then release it to the public.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Sounds like fun. B)

I still hope that some day you'll do a SP version of Basewars tho...

I'd offer to do it for you, but I have niether the know-how, nor time. (got my own project to cotend with. ;))
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Simply a matter of time really, don't have the time! And something like that need lots of time and willpower :) Hehe, still, I'll make this a b**ch to win ;)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Uh-oh... We all know how good hunter is at annoying players... -recalls the asteroid base- -recalls the super-accurate NPCs- -recalls the uber-powerful NPCs- -shudders-

It wasn't that bad, was it? Personally, that asteroid base is my favorite part of the whole level, and is one of the fist place i go to when playing it. B)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Then, attach some samples ;)

" Good luck team, we're bugging out. " - This voice should be a voice with a commanding feeling. Think commander of a big ship.

" We're getting hit up bad here, shoot them down already! " - A worried freighter captain.

" I'm not interested in your politics. Turn back or you can become part of this dust cloud. " - Sarcastic hostile voice.

Top Gun need not apply.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I'd volunteer to voice act, but I don't think I've got the equipment to do it. :(

...I needn't?

*checks Thunderbird outbox from months ago*

Yeah, I guess I needn't. :P

And Scyphi, you should be able to get by even with a relatively crappy mic. The one I have right now came with a Gateway 2000 system my family purchased some 11 or so years ago, and other than having to be careful about where I hold it to avoid popping, it gets the job done.

*wills once again to look into getting some sort of gamer headset*
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens