Fan Fiction: Rightful Annihalation

Historical Scribe: Words of Im'hartat, Sacred Vessel Ij'Jav'Vi

"The sacred vessel continues to bleed after our last encounter with the destroyers. At my will, the Ij'Jav'Vi has retreated from the fighting into the dark depths of the black. We're safe for now, but the destroyers will find us again and deliver our uninevitable fate. Former Exarch Ji'nin'ta uttered those words when we first locked weapons with the undying enemy.

How can anyone survive against these foul abominations, these demons, that pursue us with their very lives? Our very numbers dwindle with each fleeing moment. We cannot hurt them. We cannot inspire fear into them. Nobody can stop them. Not these immortals.

How our greatest minds could not fathom or foresee these events long before their passing is beyond my powers of speculation. Then again, nothing over these last thousands of years were foreseen. If we could have forseen the day the destroyers would come to punish us for trespassing beyond our ordained place in the black, would we have trespassed?

This is our rightful annihalation. We commited our crime. The inevitable extinction of our race is our punishment. Such is the reward for our sins."

Edit: Just a little something I brainstormed and wrote in my spare time after putting myself in the position of an Ancient fighitng for suvival even in the undeniable face of annihalation. I hope you like it.

Had nothing to base this imagination on really, but I did what I could. I mean, in the cutscenes for FS1, the Ancients go on about punishment for their tresspassing byond their place in the universe. Being in my view a kind of religious, ancient society, they could see the Shivans as immortals or demons so to speek. As for the forseeing bit, well...I dunno, I had to throw something in there. In his mind at least, it may not have been forseen.

While I like the tone and the idea of this monologue, I don't think the ancients would have accepted destruction as aa reward. Moreso, they fought to store information about themselves and how to defeat the Shivans in a final defiance of the Shivans. Or they could just have left it there as atonement for all the races they screwed over.

Had nothing to base this imagination on really, but I did what I could. I mean, in the cutscenes for FS1, the Ancients go on about punishment for their tresspassing byond their place in the universe. Being in my view a kind of religious, ancient society, they could see the Shivans as immortals or demons so to speek. As for the forseeing bit, well...I dunno, I had to throw something in there. In his mind at least, it may not have been forseen.

I've always been under the impression they were religious in the sense that they worshipped themselves and nothing else.