This seems like the best spot to put this...

With HLP still out, there isn't a good place for this. Sectorgame gets the most traffic, so this is as good a place as any I guess.

I've resolved my stability issues (partially) and managed to get the shot I was looking for. For the next round of media VP's, I've got a new splash-screen submission :mrgreen:
looks like lvlshot is automatic here. Click for a 1024x768 version.

This also raises an issue that's bugged me for some time: how hard would it be to add a second explosion animation to the point where the beam emerges when it pierces a ship?

That must go in there. People will die if it doesn't. :P Seriously, though, that is one of the coolest shots I've ever seen; how long did it take you to get everything set up right?
Last edited by Top Gun on Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

If only the beam didn't clip straight through the hull like that. It didn't take that long to set up, but the first build I tried it on conked out when the first shot was fired. It's taken me an hour or so to make everything work sort of correctly; I need to do something about the turret depression though.

Place a cargo container right in that spot, so the beam goes through the hull of the Deimos, and kills the container. It'll put a nice explosion right there. :yes:

The spot in particular isn't important, I've gotten it to replicate by having the Moloch target one of the turrets on the near side of the Deimos. Should hit the same spot every time. The trouble is, the cargo crate won't work because it won't explode fast enough (that Deimos is in its deathroll, though only by a fraction of a second) and timing the pic up with that would be impossible. It's an important concern to bring up though, because that's a graphical glitch that I've seen many times before and it'd be nice to get it fixed.

Oh, and you all do know where that layout came from, right?

If you have the coordinates of the beam out spot, you could trigger an explosion to occur when the deimos's hull integrity falls below 1% - that might work. Alternately, have a chat with the SCP people - I'm sure showing the screenie would convince someone to take a crack at it.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

actually, put hte cargo hull there - set it to 1% integrity. Set hte diemos to the same - and have hte beam fire at the cargo container as opposed to the Diemos. It'll hit the corvette anyway, go through and BOOM!

If you timed it right, you could also have the cargo container begin to self-destruct just before the Moloch fired. That way, it might not be evident that the cargo container was ever there.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

Of course I could conciebably make something with an invisible texture that would just sit there and get destroyed. But no matter how I did this, there'd still only be one explosion; I want two, one on each side of the corvette.